I needed something sweet, but not too sweet.
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon allspice, cloves or mace
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 each egg, beaten slightly
3/4 cup milk
1 cup apple, diced small
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
3. Mix melted butter into dry ingredients and add diced apples.
4. Stir milk and egg together and add to the rest, mixing thoroughly. Dough will be soft.
5. Turn dough out onto floured surface, add as much flour as it takes to knead the dough and form a 10 to 12 inch round.
6. Cut into pie shaped pieces with a floured knife and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet that has NOT been oiled.
7. Cook for 20 minutes at 450. Serve warm or cold.